Monday, August 11, 2008

BITTERSWEET

Yes, I’m back. You probably are wondering what took me so long to write a new blog entry. Have I run out of stories to share? Definitely not. In fact, I have a bunch of stories to tell. Is my internet connection cut? Of course not. Computers with internet access are ubiquitous here, remember? Now, I know you’re starting to get pissed so I’ll now give you the answer before you start cursing me to death and closing the screen of this page.
The truth is, I was extremely busy for the past few days. Classes are very demanding. Can you imagine writing three essays and two critical analyses in a week? And did I mention about classroom presentations along with these writing assignments? Grabe. The reading assignments are driving me crazy too. One whole book in one week? How about that? Nah, I was at the point of giving up. Is this what it takes to be a Juan de la Cruz student in Uncle Sam’s school? And yes, please be reminded that I’m merely taking up PRE-University classes. What could the real university classes look like? I don’t want to imagine. Sigh. The pressure is on.

Anyway, so what am I going to write? Well, I have been here for three weeks already, and I am gradually adapting (that’s good news). You have read about funny recounts of my adventures here. However, my life here is not just about excitement, joy and adventure. Not a bed of roses at all. Whenever I'm outside with some friends--shopping, visiting the infamous Yellowstone National Park or merely going to school--I have no worries. I'm happy and seem to be living my life to the fullest. However, when I'm alone in my room, it's totally a different story. Sadness engulfs the room and drives me insanely lonely. It's hard. Believe me when I say it's BITTERSWEET. My pillow will probably do a good recounting of my tearful nights. A huge part of me still longs for Philippines-Marawi-MSU-CNSM-Coffee Rep-FD- ComCen. Oh, did I just say I miss home?


I miss my mamang and her piyaren a badak.

I miss my papang. He's silent, but very deep. I know he loves me so much.

I miss Bentong. I miss sending him to school. I miss helping him with his assignments. His ABCs and 123s.

I miss Ai-ai, our youngest. I miss the way she kisses me everytime I leave for school. I miss the way she says, "Kuya Atoy, pasalubong owm? Dunkin donuts." Mister Donuts actually. We're in Marawi. You know that.

I miss my brother Popong--his skateboard, his CPC assignments, and his "punky music".

I miss my sister Rasheda. That very diligent girl who insists she's going to follow my footstep. I always tell her she doesn't have to. She can make her own way and leave her own marks.

I miss my Ate. Her favorite song "Because of You" is always played in my dormitory. Urgh, it never helps me.

I miss my cousins Dadang, Julius and Manong Ken-Ken. They're a big part of me.

I miss Aye and her "kakikayan". I miss her sermon(s). I miss her brilliant ideas that continue to stun me. I miss her frankness, if there's such a word.

I miss my BAPAs--Amad, Ced and Ben. Paramdam naman kayo sa akin.

I miss my ACCESS Family. I miss eating lunch with them. Tickee and Mahid have been very close to me already. Goldy, Shiro, Ice, Nash, Farrell, Jam and Reyfi--you are always remembered.

I miss the whole bunch of Ranao Council Student Assembly.

I miss DEBATING. I miss the SSH Lobby where we practice. I miss the Debate Varsity.

I miss MSU-Scholars' Society.

I miss Adnan, Jen, Vida, Aira. Hahai. Ang dami nila.

For those who are not written and mentioned here, you are much more remembered.

Above all, I miss my DH and FSK. I love both of you.

Indeed, everything comes with a price. This wonderful experience and once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, unfortunately, is not an exception. However, it's a matter of how one deals with the challenges and pressure of life. As for me? I use them to motivate me in moving forward. Strong waves make better sailors, they say. And here I am, driving a small awang amidst a huge ocean. Will I make it? My optimism, courage and perseverance tell me I WILL!

I am going melodramatic again. Enough for now. I have a big classroom presentation tomorrow. Wish me luck.

More to come.

5 comments:

,,,It's my turn... said...

aynaaaaaaaawwwwww... lantoy. ganyan ng ang buhay. hmmmm. More sacrifices.... SOON, u'l realize, may bunga din mga paghihirap mo...(ameen).. don't worry people here in the Philipppines... just worry of yourself... nwez, they are all okay here.. inshaAllah... GOD will guide us all. Have Faith lang. Trust GOD to the fullest.... sa ngaun, do your part there as a Montana student.. naow... kaya mo yan!!! kaw pa!!! regarding your tearful nights... that's's normal... ahahahahaha. as if i have experiences... well, i really did that esp pag yong tym na parang u really want to give up... hmmmm. consider it as a challenge and a blessing..... why???? because that's the way of GOD for you to realize more important things... KEEP your faith lang... FIRM faith dapat para always taung maremember ng ALLAH..... go go go go!!! AJA lang ng maraming beses... we miz yah here also.... Keep safe. Salam. Salam jan MONTANA ha??? ehehehe. Blessed day ahead... (it's around 6am here).. yngatz!!! salam ulit

Rashid Vedra Pandi said...

Kaporoy! Wow! Salamat at napadaan ka na naman ulit. I really aprreciate it. Thank you so much for all of your advices. They mean a lot to me. They help a lot. Really.

Anyway, just keep in touch. Ingat ka lagi jan owm? =)

,,,It's my turn... said...

ahehehehe. okay lantoy... my pleasure... dont cha wory.... (don't cha baby!!!) ahahaha. pussycat dolls. ehehe. yngatz ka din jan... ALhammdulillah... mukhang ito ay nakatulong sayo... cge, tll next tym inshaAllah...

salam...

,,,It's my turn... said...

oooooooppppsss...!!!!

i forgot something!!!
pa-EMOTE pa tlga pix mo!!
hekhek.... ahahahha. tawa lang akie....

cge, May God bless us more... gnyt.

kabukee said...

di ka san dipagdrama bapa.... natakot tuloy ako...mabuti ka nga, kasama mo si ella jan. pano nalang kaya ako... miafeel feel akon a gyoto a inisurat ka na if you are alone na in your room, nilalamon ka ng sadness....


ingat ka parati jan bapa.we miss you more than you know.